Veterinary Medical and Surgical Services
University Bird and Small Animal Clinic, P.A. offers a wide range of conventional and advanced medical services for companion animals, birds and exotics:
- Routine vaccination schedule
- Alternative vaccination schedule based on antibody measurement in blood.
- Additional vaccine use based on special needs or exposure.
- We have a complete Idexx in-house Catalyst blood chemistry and laser/impedence hematology suite for rapid blood analysis.
- We use Luxar Surgical CO2 Laser for reduced blood loss and reduced post surgical pain and discomfort.
- General anesthesia options are based on the patients condition and requirements.
- Spays, neuters, declaws, dentals, mass removal, etc. can be scheduled to meet your needs.
-Sterile surgical technique is followed on all cases for the safety and comfort of your pet.
- Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) repair using Securos' Lateral Suture technique in small, medium and less active large dogs or Securos' XGen CCR procedure (a modification of the Tightropetm) in large, active or athletic dogs.
- Surgery can be either as sole procedure or combined with Adipose Stem Cell technology for enhanced repair and reduced post surgical pain.
Stem cell therapy
- We offer the most cutting-edge technology available today for treatment and prevention of arthritis, muscle, tendon and bone injury with MediVets' Adipose Stem Cell Technology.
- Numerous other conditions, including Immune Mediated Disease, Kidney Failure, Spinal Cord Degeneration and Heart/Lung conditions are actively being investigated.
Periodontal or gum disease can cause oral pain, bad breath, weight loss, and over time can cause organ damage. Periodic cleaning to remove plaque and tarter benefits the health of companion animals. Root canals, non-cosmetic crowns, tooth extraction or removal of oral tumors may be required, and can be may conducted at our clinic.
Some specialized lab tests may need to be sent to an outside laboratory or University hospital for analysis
Pets may be referred to larger specialized medical facilities as necessary:
• Kansas State College of Veterinary Medicine Teaching Hospital
• BluePearl-Kansas (formerly known as Veterinary Specialty and Emergency Center).