You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
University Veterinary Care Center is a Full-Service Animal Hospital
Providing traditional, advanced, complimentary and holistic treatment for dogs, cats, ferrets and other small mammals, as well as exotic reptiles and birds.
- Both annual wellness exams and sick pet examinations are offered
- We are now offering technician appointments for non-medical needs (such as nail trims and suture removals)
- Routine vaccination schedule
- Alternative vaccination schedule based on antibody measurement
- Additional vaccines can be administered based on special needs or exposure level of your pet
- We have a complete in-house Idexx Suite which includes a Catalyst blood chemistry machine and a ProCyte machine for rapid blood analysis.
- Spays, Neuters, Declaws, Mass Removals, etc. can be scheduled to meet your needs.
- Here at UVCC we use Luxar Surgical CO2 Laser for reduced blood loss and reduced post surgical pain and discomfort.
- General anesthesia options are based on the patients condition and requirements.
- Sterile surgical technique is followed on all cases for the safety and comfort of your pet.
- Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) repair is done using Securos' Lateral Suture Technique in small, medium, and less active large dogs.
- Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) repair can also be done using Securos' XGen CCR procedure (a modification of the Tightropetm) in large and active or athletic dogs.
- These surgeries can be done either as a sole procedure or combined with Adipose Stem Cell technology for enhanced repair and reduced post surgical pain.
- Periodontal or gum disease can cause oral pain, bad breath, weight loss, and over time can cause organ damage.
- periodic cleaning to remove plaque and tarter benefits the health of companion animals.
- Full comprehensive oral examinations, dental x-rays, tooth extractions, and removal of oral tumors can be completed here at UVCC.
- We offer the most cutting-edge technology available today for treatment and prevention of arthritis, muscle, tendon, and bone injury with MediVets' Adipose Stem Cell Technology.
- Numerous other conditions, including Immune Mediated Disease, Kidney Failure, Spinal Cord Degeneration, and Heart/Lung conditions are being actively investigated.
- Dr. Travis Gratton has been providing animal chiropractic care to companion animals in northeast Kansas since 2000.
- Dr. Snyder has been providing this service for several years now with great success.
- Acupuncture has been successfully used as adjunct therapy with western medicine most successfully for acute and chronic pain control in animals.
- We board cats, and small to large breed dogs.
- During your pets stay they receive plenty of hands-on care and frequent walks from Rose.
- space devoted to boarding is limited, clients are urged to make reservations well in advance to ensure the dates you need.
Vet's First Choice
Order your pet's medication online through Vet's First Choice Pharmacy!
- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
Make An Appointment
- We will do our best to accommodate your busy schedule. Schedule an appointment today!
- Online Forms
- Our patient forms are available online so they can be completed in the convenience of your own home or office.
- (785) 233-3185 -
For more critical emergencies where time is of the essence:
Emergency Animal Clinic of Topeka
5501 SW 29th, (29th and I-470)
Topeka, KS 66606
Kansas State University Veterinary Medical Teaching Hospital
1800 Denison Ave, Manhattan, KS 66506
Blue Pearl Emergency Medicine for Pets
11959 West 110th Street, Suite B, Overland Park, KS 66210
Animal Poison Control Center